Sekinchan is a beah side village blessed with fertile sois where a sea of luxurious paddt field takes your breath away. Its name in Chinese 适耕庄 (pronounced "Shi geng zhuang" is translated directly from the phonetics of Sekinchan yet it couldnt be more apart because it means "village suitable for farming", stating out the beauty of Sekinchan with mere three words. Sekinchan is indeed a land of abundance, eloquently presented in their tag line - 鱼米之乡 ("yu mi zhi xiang"), meaning " the land of the fish and rice".
Sekinchan is an easy 1.5 hours drive from KL and can be enjoyed as a day trip. It would be a fruitful day with plenty of things to eat, things to see and places to hang out.
1. Visit the Paddy Fields. Other than an endless carpet of brilliant green, the paddy fields are also the homes of swiflets as many swiftlet houses are built in the vicinity of the fields. white birds and drgonflies are also part of the ecosystem.
2. Visit the Paddy Processing Factory and the Paddy Museum to understand the complete life cycle of rice planting. Japanese breed rice is available for purchase at an affordable price.
3. Eat Seafood - Lots of them. There are many seafood restaurants dotted on the "Seafood Street". I really liked Cha Po Tion and Loong Hua, whereas Bagan Restaurant could have been better.
4. Snack Away at Pantai Redang Beach - where prawn crackers, fresh fruits and fresh juices prevail. Still not good enough? Raw oysters should do it. Do note that this area of the beach is popular and unfortunately not too cleean. However, if you are willing to go beyond this stretch, the next stretch is less visited and much cleaner.
5. Make a wish at Pantai Redang Beach by throwing red ribbons onto the tree. Whether the wish comes true or not, the tree entangled in red ribbons sure provides a gorgeous backdrop for photos.
6. Enjoy panoramic vies of Pendang Redang Beach and Fisherman s wharf at the white watch tower in Sekin Fisherman Village Hotel & Resort. A Fee for entering the tower may be imposed in the future.
7. Visit the Fisherman s Wharf - after all, Sekinchan is "the Land of Fish and Rice" and you might be able to catch a fisherman bringing back his harvest from the sea.
8. Eat giant mangoes that are as long as my forearm. There is a mango orchard nearby the Paddy Processing Factory open to visitors. You may Purchase these uber- sweet and fleshy mangoes at the orchard or at small stall that s next to the Paddy Processing Factory.
9. Last, if you would like to make it more than a day trip, add on a firefly tou in Kuala Selangor the night before you go to Sekinchan. Kuala Selangor isnt exactly in Sekinchan but it s a short 30 min drive from Sekinchan.
Sekinchan is actually a fishing village, but now is more widely recognized as a famous paddy field instead of a fishing village. You can drive right beside paddy fields. there are roads connecting the town with the small village located in the center of the paddy fields. Along the way, you will find water path (aqueduct), little bridge, birds andof course the paddy.
Welcome to Reserve Your Private MPV Now
Taxi-Singapore will be provide transport service to Sekinchan from anywhere in Singapore. Also, we are providing Point to Point Service, Charter Service, and also Meeting transfer trip. We have 3 type of MPV, Toyota Innova, Toyota Alphard, and Hyundai Starex. We provide a private car with a comfort and safety to our valued customer. We promise a guarantee for comfort and safe drivers as provided by our experienced and caring driver. "Drive with Smile" to our valued clients, guest, and tourist are assured of enjoyable ride.
More Details Please Whatsapp or Contact us via : +6013-728 9999